Thursday, November 30, 2017

Remarkable Part: Traveler of the Century by Andres Neuman

(warning: spoiler alert)

I've been reading this book for several months and just two weeks ago, finally, I have read its last sentence. 


This was actually the first time I've seen this kind of format when it comes to narrative novel and I got confused on the first few pages of this book -- making me read a sentence twice or thrice in order to understand who's speaking the lines. But as I continue reading, I got used to it. 

There are scenarios that bore me, like those parts when the characters are having discussions about philosophers, wirters, of which I have no idea if they exist in real life. And maybe that's the reason why it took me several months to finish the book. 

But there are lots of interesting part, I must say. And there are, of course, remarkable parts (for me). And below are they:

1.
I just wonder why Neuman should be so heartless in this part -- instead of letting the butterfly free, he killed it rather. I guess, I don't know, maybe sometimes no matter how good your intentions are you will only end up hurting someone or maybe we should not intervene with the law of nature. Anyway, whatever is the reason behind this part, this made me feel sad. I mean, for me, Sophie is right, man!

2.
This is remarkable, well, because I find it funny. 😂 

3.
I cried for Rudi while reading his words.  No one deserves betrayal. No one deserves to be let down by people they love. No one. 

4.
(Reread the description at no. 3)

5.
The tautology part. That literally made me LOL.
It goes something like this:
"We realized that we're looking for a man who is unhappy of his baldness."
"What a stupid tautology! What kind of man is happy with his baldness?"
😂😂😂

6.
You could have prevented this, Hans. But, you didn't. 



There you go.  I hope this post gives you interest to read this book. Although, I must say, I don't quite like the ending. 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment