Friday, December 8, 2017

Remarkable Scene: Stuck In Love

I have no idea what this film is all bout. I just saw one of its scenes on twitter and then decided to download the film and probably watch it someday.

And that someday happens to be an hour later. And it is one of the awesome films I've watched. I'm glad I am following a page on twitter, which features scenes from wonderful movies. :D

I was kinda laughing when I learned that this film is about a family of writers struggling in their own personal life as writers and as a human. I can relate to some of the scenes and characters of this film. And below were those I considered remarkable in this film:

1.
Daughter: You're a well respected novelist. You won a &*^*&^((&&** twice. You can't behave like that.
Dad: She's coming back.
Daughter: At least tell me you've been writing.
Dad: (unable to answer)
Daughter: Look what you've let her do to you Dad! Seriously!

2.
Brother: You've never been in love?
Sister: If love is setting up a table for a person who's never coming home. I think I'll pass.

3.
Dad: A writer is a sum of their experiences. Go get some.

4.
(in front of aspiring writers)
Dad: The reason why Leslie could never get me up here to talk about the process of writing is... I'm not sure of what to say about that could benefit you. And I still find it all very mysterious years after I wrote my first book. And I'm not sure what it is that compels a person to continue to play make believe even after they're an adult. 

5.
Husband: Here's a confession: I'm not a great writer. I'm a great re-writer. I haven't written anything since you left. 
Ex-wife: You are a great writer. Don't waste all your imaginations on me.



And I have to admit that (again -_-) this film made me cry but I'm not going to tell you which part. You have to experience it yourself. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment