Thursday, May 17, 2018

Remarkable Part: The Return of the Young Prince by Alejandro Guillermo Roemmers

I know you have clicked the link because you want to know this book's remarkable part. And I might just break your heart's expectation and admit that the title of this article is some kind of a click bait. Because there's no remarkable part. Well at least for me.



The Return of the Young Prince has a lot of life lessons, wisdom, and realization written on it but I'm pretty sure that we've heard or read it all before. It seems that the book is only repeating what we already know. The book's main message can also be found in any other book, the very reason it lost its remarkable part.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the book is a failure, it is still something I would recommend to a friend. It has things and values in life that we should be reminded of, only it's not very authentic.

Another thing, if you are a fan of the first book, The Little Prince, I suggest that you skip this sequel. A lot of emotions and presumptions brought to us by the story of The Little Prince will be scattered away by this sequel. I prefer to end the story of the boy bitten by a snake than the one written in this sequel.

Anyway, this is just my opinion and mine alone. You could still see it on your own if our opinion matches regarding The Return of the Young Prince. Thus, let me end this article with one of the lines from this book, "It's strange how easily we assume that others must be going in the same direction as us." Alejandro Guillermo Roemmers should have thought of this too before deciding to write this sequel.


P.S
If there's one thing I like better in this sequel than the first, is that it acknowledges the existence of God. The writer mentioned many times the sovereignty of God and that is something great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment