Monday, May 14, 2018

Be counted. Practice your rights.

Days before the Barangay and Sanggunian Kabataan election I have decided not to participate. Simply because I didn't know who to vote. I don't know the background and the personalities of those running candidates. Consider this my fault for not knowing them so well but I believed it's not my obligation to do so. And before you feel bad for my reasoning, I must say that I indeed, voted.

Hours before the election, I suddenly felt the urge to practice my right as a citizen of the Philippines. I mean, this thing I'm letting me pass by is actually an opportunity to practice my freedom and it's a privileged one should not ignore. So there was I, asking my parents who were the candidates because they know some of them. That's when I realized that not knowing the candidates was not a valid reason for me not to vote. There are ways how to know them: ask somebody who does.

Aside from that, you are giving yourself the right to voice out whatever observations you may notice with the elected Barangay Officials because you have participated. You have the right to rant just in case they do something stupid. Yes, I'm a bit of an activist (but not rebellious), please bear with me. :D



This post is freaking late to encourage people to participate and vote but I am still posting this for the next election. Please use your rights and freedom. Be counted. Practice your rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment